Thursday, November 11, 2010

Helpful Tips for Writing a Paper

Our last assignment was to read about tips that would help us when writing a paper. We then discussed all of these ways in class. My group talked about introductions and their importance. An introduction is the first part of a paper. It does not need to be a full paragraph. An introduction must catch the reader's attention and keep them interested. If the first part of your paper is boring then they will not want to continue and read the rest. You can interest your reader by using quotes, facts, statistics, and questions. The introduction also tells what your paper is going to be about and what the purpose of it is. It will also set the tone of the paper. The reader will know if your paper is formal or informal. Our class also learned about titles, transitions, conclusions, and thesis statements. I already knew a lot about these topics but the readings and class discussions helped me learn even more. I am confident that these tips will help me write my third paper which is about an advertisement.

No comments:

Post a Comment